Thursday, October 15

Thurs. Eve Oct. 15th... We Made Sawdust and Buttholes Fly Today For Awhile...

Remove Formatting from selection



Remove Formatting from selection
I was up this morning at 6:10 and let the dogs out, but almost got mowed over when I opened the door to allow them back in. That more or less told me that they had no intention of trading the warm snuggly bed, covers or sleeping next to Vicki for those kinds of temperatures this morning. It was a chilly 29° this morning and it really didn't heat up all that much. I believe it actually got to 45° at the warmest part of the day and the again, really started to drop off again, as soon as the sun was at the western horizon, allowing fall to reclaim the end of the day with its chilling cold. It is 30° outside now and there is no telling how low it might just get. I can tell you that when we were finally finished for the day and had all the animals tucked away for the night, we noticed that it was snowing. The first flurries of the year...and I fear that this winter will be the cold one, with the snow we haven't had since moving up here. We've been told horror stories of power outages for a week and snow three feet deep with amazing drifts.... Hope this isn't one of those big ones!

We work well in the chilly temperatures. We accomplished everything I wanted today, with the exception of completing the handrails on the porch. We did get the end one in as you will see from the pictures Vick took as we cleaned up for the day. We got all those eighteen foot rafters up, positioned and nailed into place, the gussets under the center of the trusses in. Both radial rows of 2x4's all the way around where needed to nail the wall boards to and one handrail completed, except for the spindles. If it's nice tomorrow, we'll finish the handrails and start on the gable end studs, fly rafters and so on if my knees can take the ladder again, two days in a row. We will also give injections and place the blanket on the alpaca door too.

For now... I believe I'll read emails, shower, take a hand full of Ibuprofen and retire to the bed to watch TV while Vick paints her newest picture. I'll probably last a good five minutes if my knees don't ache... ten, if they do.......





Cleaning up for the day...

Remove Formatting from selection





Made pretty good headway today....
Remove Formatting from selection





Still need handrails across town ends on front and the near end like the far end.....
Remove Formatting from selection

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.