Wednesday, January 20

Wednesday, Jan. 20th... Run, Run, Run...Seems That's All We Do Anymore......

Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
Maybe I should buy this book...
Remove Formatting from selection
Most of the time I find myself...along with Vick, in that car or truck, running somewhere for some reason or other... Usually I feel like that old joke...you know...
Remove Formatting from selection
"I'm lost. I'm not sure where I might be, so I've gone out to look for myself. If I should show up before I return, would you please have me wait here until I get back, so we don't miss each other?"
Remove Formatting from selection
Today we will again crawl into the car and head for Troy, to my doctors office, where I will receive my synvisc injection in each knee. Hopefully when I leave his office I can still walk a little... Once the injection settles into the joint, dissipates properly and doesn't feel like an intrusion from the pressure of the added liquid, it might begin to do it's job of lubricating the joint, therefore reducing the natural swelling from the bone on bone rubbing (according to the Dr.) in the joint. I want to specifically ask him the following question today. If you have bad knee joints, which need replaced as I've been told, Can you have normal pain free days when you can walk ok and nothing hurts? I understand that there will be good days and bad days, but I would think if your knees are bad, you would have joint pain when walking or climbing steps, etc, even on good days. There are some days when I have no pain what so ever...and I can go up stairs normally. It just doesn't seem to me like that should be possible if the joints are shot and need replaced. I'm taking the injections anyway...because it can never hurt, I guess... (later we'll probably find synvisc causes some grave affliction, as is usual with new drugs...) Anyway...that is what is on my agenda today for three o'clock.
Remove Formatting from selection
When we return home, I want to fill the tractor's fuel tank with the (cheap?) diesel fuel we got last evening. We went to the local Sunoco station where we bought diesel fuel costing $3.15 per gallon...for only $0.55 per gallon, using our fuel advantage card from PriceChopper. They allow twenty gallons, so we took two five gallon cans and filled them for the tractor and another ten gallons was put into the "Beast" which we will use to go pick up feed and such for the farm. We quit driving the F250 diesel when the cost of fuel went so high, even though it is more comfortable than the car to drive and ride in. How nice it would have been to ride the 7½ hours each way to see my Dad in central Pennsylvania last month this time... but the fuel cost would have killed us. Anyway, I plan on moving some snow in the driveway and leaving the critters out for a bit later today.
Remove Formatting from selection
Right now, I guess I should get ready to head for Troy in a little bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.