Friday, November 8

Little Things That Make God Smile…And They’re Such Simple Things…


Lately, I have been touched by many things which happened in the news. With all the crap about Obama-care, idiotic actions of congress and the lack of empathy on the part of a majority of Americans, I am sometimes amazed by what I happen to read as the day and my patience dwindle away. Usually I am left shaking my head as I wonder about the gene pool from which some of these people have emerged…and fear what they may spawn in the future. I am done trying to open the eyes of the blind to political agendas, Ponzi schemes which pours millions of dollars into unscrupulous politician’s pockets while destroying our children and grandchildren’s future.
Occasionally I happen onto a story that has nothing to do with politics or money. There are actually times that I sit in amazement that there are still kind, caring, understanding and generous people left in this world. Below I have included a picture and story that does just that. I simply cannot add anything to this story that could or should ever touch your heart any better than the original author of the story has already accomplished.     

As read from The Huffington Post, By Yasmine Hafiz on 11/7/2013

Compassion.
This man has it.

When Isaac Theil let a sleepy stranger take a little catnap on his shoulder, it was because "I simply remembered the times my own head would bop on someone’s shoulder because I was so tired after a long day," he recounted to Tova Ross of Tablet Magazine. Another subway rider was so struck by Theil's nonchalant empathy that he snapped a picture and put it on Reddit, from which it was then posted to Facebook by Charidy. Redditor Braffination wrote, "Heading home on the Q train yesterday when this young black guy nods off on the shoulder of a Jewish man. The man doesn't move a muscle, just lets him stay there. After a minute, I asked the man if he wanted me to wake the kid up, but he shook his head and responded, 'He must have had a long day, let him sleep. We've all been there, right?" “Maybe the photo wouldn’t have become so popular if people weren’t seeing a Jewish man with a yarmulke and a black man in a hood, and because they might not necessarily correlate the two,” speculated Theil to Tablet. “But there is only one reason that I didn’t move, and let him continue sleeping, and that has nothing to do with race. He was simply a human being who was exhausted, and I knew it and happened to be there and have a big shoulder to offer him.”   

May God bless this man immensely with peace and happiness…

 
Last evening I finished my web page for “Upstate Web Design & Publishing”. It is a subsidiary of the farm business, just as Vick’s artwork has been all along. I’ve decided that since I love designing and creating web sites, and have done a few for friends and family, along with publishing books for both myself and another author, I would move into it professionally and advertise. Go take a look if you get a chance.  http://www.cluckinacritterfarm.com/cluckin_a_critter_farm,_llc_019.htm

Today I must drain the pool down and remove the eyeball assembly and drop the hoses from the skimmer assembly. We are scheduled for snow on Wednesday and Thursday of next week, so we better finalize all winterization. After all, it’s only nineteen days until Thanksgiving and I’ve seen a lot of snowy Thanksgiving days in my time……
 
If you like what we talk about and the pictures we show, why not become a follower? Join at the right by clicking on "Join this site". Also, feel free to leave a message anytime…about anything I write. Skip

071136 Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.