Thursday, October 16

Thurs. Eve, Oct. 16th… Long Day…Short on accomplishments, I think!



Well……… Today went whizzing by leaving us in the dust. Must have been the rain and dreary skies that cause a person to move in the “molasses in January” mode. I think about what we’ve done in a days time and I cannot understand how we could get any slower without going backwards. Most people around us say they wish they could accomplish as much as we do in a day, but I can’t imagine anyone slower than we are. ( I guess the older you get, the worse you think you are. Obviously, we’re our own worst enemy!!) We did get all the items we needed to install the furnace, but we will not be able to do the actual installation until the boxes and heat exchanger distribution box is ready, so we’ll make it tomorrow. Big job…big job…fun, fun, fun.
I got an email today about a condition I live with on a daily basis! Bill…… to you it’s funny… to me it’s how I live and why I am in such a slow mode. I never know where I am or what I’m doing and why I am or am not doing it! Talk about confusion!!! The condition Bill acknowledges is called A.A.A.D.D. ( age activated attention deficit disorder) Following is a perfect rendition of how it affects me.


I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide it needs washing. As I start toward the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Pepsi I'd been drinking. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to pushthe Pepsi aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The Pepsi is getting warm, and I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.As I head toward the kitchen with the Pepsi, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need water. I put the Pepsi on the counter and discover my reading glasses thatI've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table.I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where itbelongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do. At the end of the day: the car isn't washed the bills aren't paid there is a warm can of Pepsi sitting on the counter the flowers don't have enough water, there is still only 1 check in my check book,I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys. Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem,and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....

Now, I want to know…… how many of you function this way? How many of you would think this kind of thing is normal? Vicki says it’s an age thing. If so….in another year, I will have problems with scheduling……… you know. Making your water and a bowel movement every morning at 7:00 AM, then getting up around 8:00.AM or so!






















Bye, Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.