Friday, November 28

Friday Eve, Nov. 28th… The Cub is marooned until Wednesday….

Remove Formatting from selection


Remove Formatting from selection



This morning, Vick thought it would be a good idea to level out the rest of the dirt piles in the yard so we could sprinkle grass seed and cover it all with hay to eliminate the mud. I thought it was a champion idea and after breakfast, I went out and started moving dirt. I had to be a little aggressive, because there was a little frost in the ground which went down about 4 inches, but after shaving through it, you could then pick up chunks of earth and loose dirt too. I was almost finished with the lateral that runs along the side of the barn when the steering tie rod broke again for the second time since we bought the unit. I stopped, ramped the front end on the bucket and pulled the broken rod off and Vick and I headed for the Cub dealer, just down the road. He had to order the $81.00 rod and we won’t have it until Wednesday, sometime. I begged a weld job from the dealer so we could at least get the Cub Cadet back inside the garage. I will install the repaired rod tomorrow and see if we can limp it into the garage. (I wish I the old Lincoln buzz box welder and Oxy-acetylene outfit that I owned in Pa…… I’d have been working again in a half hour!)
That was about all I did today…..besides taking a little nap from 3:30 to 4:30.…. Then went to pick up the welded rod, returned in time to put the critters in and go to Norton Hill for dinner at Frank’s Green Hill Café. Jeese…. I get tired when I push myself like this……I’m ready for bed already!
Remove Formatting from selection
Remove Formatting from selection







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.