Monday, August 8

Monday, August 8th... Happy Birthday Dad...Wish You Were Really Here!!!

Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
Today is my Dad’s birthday....August 8th 1927, was a pretty important day for my Grandmother and Grandfather....for my Grandmother gave birth to my Dad...the first of three boys and two girls to come.... He lived his entire life in the Granville, Pennsylvania area...except for when he was stationed in Washington State, when he was in the army.....and the several years that we lived in the State College, PA area, where he worked as a route manager for a big dairy. He did however, return to the Mifflin county area to finish out his career with a large agricultural company, which he retired from around 1995. My Mom died around 2003 and I took care of Dad until I met Vick and moved to New York. He is now in a home in Huntingdon, PA and Vick and I travel to see him a couple times a year. It is a five hour trip, so you can eat up a day, just in travel to and from, so we stay overnight when we go and I usually see my son and daughter too.
We can’t be there today, so have a wonderful 84th birthday Dad! We love you!!!
Today, I will work on making bottle trees. I decided yesterday to utilize a chop saw with an abrasive blade to cut the metal rods and save the acetylene and oxygen which would be expended by cutting them. The saw will make a much cleaner cut for re-welding to the main trunk too. It should be fun.....
After that, I might sink a few fence posts.........





041722Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.