Tuesday, May 15

Tuesday, May 15th... Changes Occur and Changes Occur...Like It Or Not...














Every day of our lives are encompassed with changes, no matter what we attempt to do. We grow older daily... we grow more feeble and frail as our bodies slow down...and we become more and more frustrated as we lose the ability to use our feeble old bodies the way we were used to doing all our lives. Everyone around us change too. Those who should look to us and believe in our abilities to do things....seem to believe that we are incapable of performing what we claim we can do.
To them I say, “well, sorry about your luck, because if you truly think I cannot do what I say...then you’re the only one that will miss out on what I could have done for you...so have at it my friend...go somewhere else to have it done and pay well for it. I don’t have to do it free, as I would have done, had you shown me a little consideration and appreciation.” Again...I wish you well and God’s speed at getting back to normal, with little financial anguish.
I always offer to help and give of myself for free, or at least at an almost negligible fee... performing a service or favor for my fellow friends and neighbors. Some take advantage of the offer and find that they receive what they wanted, while others shy away, thinking they will get a better deal elsewhere. I don’t know if it’s the insignificant fee I charge which drives them to an expensive alternative or if they just think I cannot deliver their desired results, but I see many people spending three to four times the amount for a lesser reward.
I publish books for people. I publish for less than a regular publisher. My fee depends on how much of the work an author wants to or can perform their self. I have a patience for the writer, as they start upon their dream journey of becoming a published author...giving them the opportunity to do what ever they desire with the publishing experience along the way. Many see that they would pay much, much more to have all the work completed by the publisher and some could care less. I believe when the author takes a role in the publishing experience, it makes the ending result much more accentuated for the them...therefore making their dream much sweeter to behold at fruition. I run my business differently for each person I deal with. I search to find what they are capable of and allow them to decide what I must do for them. In the end, they did what they were able to do and feel more accomplished than they would have been if they were dealing with another publisher. Since they did a lot of the work themselves...and gave their blood, sweat and tears in the effort...a great prize resulted as their reward in the end. My reward is their smile and remembering how I felt when I published my own first book. The fee I earn is simply a way to carry on the business, covering the costs, making it all possible. I will never be rich publishing for other folks, but I will enjoy what I do and feel good about giving a special service, at a very reasonable price. I always receive a signed copy of my client’s book with a special inscription which means the world to me...and is another reason I do what I do.
On Sunday, as a Mother’s Day gift, Vick was presented with Max, our favorite Llama, that belonged to Isabelle. A year ago, Isabelle gave us an anniversary present of Sergeant Pepper...the original alpaca that we almost bought as a trio, when we purchased Luke and Iggy. Unfortunately, at the time, we could not afford the threesome, so we bought Luke and Iggy without Sergeant Pepper. After losing Iggy to a lung condition on the first of July, last year, Isabelle decided to present us with Pepper for our anniversary on the 4th of July. She is such a special person in our lives...and one I would do anything for her and Ralph...no questions asked.
Phil and Shelly, our other friends, also made a gift of two Suri alpacas last year, when Isabelle told them how heart broken we were at having to put Iggy down. He was our only Suri at the time, and Phil and Shelly felt compelled to make a gift of Slugger and Phoenix to us, returning not one, but two Suri’s to our herd.
We are surrounded by great friends and fellow animal lovers who know the pain of losing our beloved pets. Below are a few pictures of Max, slugger and Phoenix. After that, I loaded a few pictures of the rest of the herd.

Welcome Max... the extreme Llama....

Isabelle gave Vick Max as a Mother's Day gift.....
This is Brooklyn Slugger....a gift from Shelly and Phil...
This is Phoenix, a gift from Shelly and Phil.....
Sergeant Pepper...An Anniversary gift from Isabelle last year....

This is our Guiseppe, or Joey as we call him....
And this puff ball is Bollero...the baby of the gang....
This is Luke...He is our dominant intact male....
Finally, this is Rafiki...or Ricki. He belongs to our friend Dawna...
Where does all this leave us today? Why...here on the farm as usual. We will unload some feed we bought yesterday on the way back from Vick’s acupuncture session. I was in so much knee pain yesterday, that I didn’t even attempt to unload any of the feed at all. It is still in the truck. Next week, I start acupuncture therapy on my knees, right after Vick’s back and foot session. She is beginning to experience great improvement after only four sessions. The Chinese lady treating Vick is a phenomenal therapist in the ancient art of Asian healing . She is very talented and very spiritual.
She guarantees that she can help with the pain that is associated with my knees, because most of it is muscle strain, tightness and swelling, which she can help release, by sending healing endorphins to the site via the needles. I’m excited...for if I achieve anything close to the results Vick has, I can return to a normal working life here on the farm and enjoy it again.
Humpffff, we gotta go and vote today...Need to vote against the stupid school budget which is already outrageously high for retired folks. I’m not really sure they need new computers and stuff each year...or maybe those ridiculously high paid school administrators should purchase them with their over abundance of our tax money paid to them in their short nine months of work per year.

If you like what we talk about and the pictures we show, why not become a follower? Join at the left by clicking on "Join this site". Also, feel free to leave a message anytime about anything I write. Skip


048395 Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.