Thursday, December 20

Obviously the beginning of something we don't care to see.....
Here we go…the snow is falling and falling quite briskly. They were only predicting an inch or less, but I think we have that much now and it is still coming down thick and heavy, so if it keeps it up, we’ll have a mess by morning. It’s been a busy week with doctor’s appointments and physical therapy for me three times a week. After the PT, I’m beat and sore…needing rest, so I hit the couch in front of the pellet stove, where I watch TV or possibly snooze for a bit. We’ll never be ready for Christmas! We just got the few decorations out of the basement, consisting of a three foot fiber optic tree which we sat up on the antique piece in the living room. We quit erecting the six foot tree we bought when we first got together, because we now have a black lab that would eat the tree if we put it up. She already ate a few of the glass balls and bit off a few of the light bulbs from a string of lights the last year we put that tree up. We also have Callie, Kalee and Puddy…three playful and agile cats capable of un-decorating the tree too, so we just gave up and let the six footer in the box and went to the little fiber optic. Before my Mom died, I promised to put a tree up for her every Christmas, since it was her favorite time of the year. She specifically asked if I would puit a tree up for her each and every year, so I agreed and bought a little two foot tree, decorated it and placed it on her grave the first Christmas after she passed. The day after New Year’s Day, I would go and get the tree and store it until the next year. It was beginning to get a bit ragged and I considered replacing it, but kept dragging my feet, because the original tree held such memories and feelings. Well… say what you will, but this year, we cannot find that ol’ ragged tree! This evening, Vick and I picked out a new 32” lighted tree to replace the old one. (OKAY MOM…YOU CAN QUIT HIDING THE OLD ONE NOW! We got you a new one…) I just went to the back door and boy, it’s putting the snow down. Below are a few pictures of that event and a few from the recent past. One is the Baptist church around the corner from us. We enjoy their music every Sunday morning. There are a couple of the pond in early morning and…well just look and enjoy!    
Through the railing...looking across the swimming pool

Another shot of the pool and snowfall...
What a handsome Lad Max is...Always watching over everything...
It certainly will not look like this in the morning...
No will the lake captivate us in morning's twilight...
What a quaint, New England style church so near home...
What an inviting little place in the country fields...
If you like what we talk about and the pictures we show, why not become a follower? Join at the left by clicking on "Join this site". Also, feel free to leave a message anytime about anything I write. Skip

052797 Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.