Wednesday, September 18

Four Days Until The Arrival Of The Already Present Season...













 
Yes in another four days, on September 22nd…fall will officially arrive, even though we have been experiencing autumn weather off and on since August 15th or so. It has been refreshing for us, with construction of our new tractor shed (which can be seen below) but this summer has passed with rapidity, rivaled by no year in the past that I can remember. In fact, this entire year has flown by in what seemed a few weeks or a month. I know a lot of this year was eaten up by recovery from my knee surgery because I actually missed January through March as I recuperated, but those months are always a drag as we suffer cabin fever.
I have realized within the last several years, that the older I get, the faster time seems to pass. What seemed like a lifetime every summer as a boy now seems like a couple of weeks…and as a young man in my twenties, a year seemed like twelve months. Six of those months were spend working and mowing grass…and the other six were spent shoveling snow from a car to go to work or deal with the snow at work.
I must say that being retired and having a nice warm log home is a little easier when dealing with winter and snow, because I can choose my time and day to remove snow. There is no rush to go anywhere now, so I can get the tractor our and bucket snow to open the driveway in my own time.
Still…time and life fly by too fast at our age now, but what can a soul do about it? Learn to deal with it and make do…
Yesterday was an extraordinary day, because I got to see Cindy Brody at work communicating with animals. She is phenomenal at work and you can see the animal she is working with transform right before your very eyes. She is in Woodstock and has a web site with videos. What an amazing person.
Josh came yesterday to do his scheduled cleaning of the barns and when he finished, I got him to help me put the roofing on the tractor shed. It is now finished except for trim work around the top and at ground level which will complete the building. We can now call GNH Lumber to deliver our four ton of wood pellets they have held for us.
 Picture at night with new lights...
 
 Pic w/o flash shows the quaint evening lighting effect we wanted...
 
Removed bight post lights to attain the same effect on the barn...
 
Now we will begin the repairs on the Bilco doors leading to the basement’s outside entrance. We get rain water or snow melt due to broken cement blocks around the top at ground level and I believe the actual seal between the blocks, an old rotted plank and the metal door assembly is the culprit, so removing it, replacing the broken blocks, installing cap blocks and a foam seal between the block and metal will solve the problems. With that repair out of the way, we will be done with everything we wanted to do until next spring.
What a wonderful feeling…    

If you like what we talk about and the pictures we show, why not become a follower? Join at the right by clicking on "Join this site". Also, feel free to leave a message anytime…about anything I write. Skip

070657 Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.