Thursday, April 10

Busy Doesn’t Always Cut It…As the Kickstarter Project Shows...


The KickStarter campaign has come to a close and I didn’t make my goal. This was certainly not the fault of any of our friends…not by a long shot. Four of our closest friends pledged $500.00 and those who could not afford to pledge, certainly helped by getting the word out and actually generated several pledges for us. In the end, we missed the goal by some three hundred dollars, so we don’t feel bad and it certainly isn’t going to keep us from our objective. I now have three lathes in operation and can turn spindles, flyer parts and legs on one…hubs, bases and bobbins on the other and the wheel lathe of course, is only for turning large diameter wheels, but always ready! We will still turn out the spinning wheel by the end of September as planned…or possibly before. Things have been going pretty smooth and I haven’t had as many obstacles as I anticipated would turn up. If the project continue to progress as it is presently, I foresee the first wheel spinning fiber by July sometime, if not before. I am more and more excited as things progress and I will not be satisfied until I am producing a wheel a week or better. The KickStarter was a good way to keep focus on the project and I wish I would have made it for sixty days…not for the actual money, but for the excitement and drive it added to this project. I will continue to post on the KickStarter site (on my project page) for the benefit of all the supporters, so they know how we progressed after the ending of the campaign.   
Other things are happening here too…as you might know by now, we are expecting a donkey foal soon…Vick calls for it within the next four days, but the Vet yesterday was not so sure, saying a maiden can do whatever she wants and hardly ever plays by the rules. Anyway, we have the run-in shed set up for her and we will watch for signs of her preparing to foal, and then get her in the front pasture. I need to pick up a spool of video cable to get a camera mounted in the run-in shed, so I’ll check with Lowe’s today. Then we can monitor her day and night in the coming days.
I just finished ten Ashford style Jumbo bobbins and put them in the shop and on our web site along with all the other fiber tools I make. http://www.cluckinacritterfarm.com/cluckin_a_critter_farm,_llc_019.htm
Gladys (or Glenn) returned to the outdoors yesterday since the lake is thawed and open again. She (he) was really happy to be back out in the wild, enjoying freedom as nature intended. I use Gladys (Glenn) because we don’t know whether it is a male or female. In all the time we’ve been caring for it there has been no eggs, but we didn’t know if that was because of the broken wing or not. As of right now…after lots of silent, peaceful time in captivity and the fact that we don’t scare it while feeding…and since we have never gotten an egg…and the other wild geese chase him off the water, (that really doesn’t happen with a female) we are going to begin calling HIM Glenn as of right now.
Other than this news, things are about the same, with funny things happening as usual as we get ready for Passover and Easter. Below are a few pictures...
Beautiful flowers, beautiful weather...beautiful time of the year...

Here comes Peter Cotton tail...hopping down the bunny trail...uhhh

WHAT...is everybody looking at?? How RUDE!!!
 

In remembrance of my Mom, I make these at Easter every year...


I scared Chester and he "fled by camalid..."

I opened the door, Chester Jumped and landed on Bollero...
Ring around the rosy...Chester sure looks cozy...
Chester went all the way around the post with Bollero...
 

If you like what we talk about and the pictures we show, why not become a follower? Join at the right by clicking on "Join this site". Also, feel free to leave a message anytime…about anything I write. Skip
072635 Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.