Sunday, June 7


It’s been sometime since I have updated the blog page here, so I think it’s only proper to fill you in on all the latest and greatest things that have happened since last I wrote here.
I'm now a listed wheelwright on the  Ravelry site…one of only twelve at the present time, so that’s an honor I now appreciate sharing with you all.
Today Vick and I joined the Golden Fleece Spinning and weaver’s guild and attended our first meeting in Schoharie. I believe they were happy to see Vick and me join once they heard I was a wheelwright, because now they have one in-house as a member. I will be easy to locate and contact when needed by the members of the guild.
I am presently caught up with my wheel repairs, but feel that soon I will be repairing more and more wheels. Considering that it is tax season and things are always a little slack until folks begin receiving their tax refunds, I’m enjoying the lull in the action. Soon everyone will be receiving refund checks and doing or buying things they have looked forward to since last year…and that is when the influx of wheel repairs will probably begin arriving again.
We have all but finished the cottage and have it on Airbnb where people are looking already. We just installed an outside solar shower with eight foot walls and a locking door. There is a shower chair, clothing hooks and a shower caddy for soap and shampoo. It is a large enough enclosure to allow you to hang clean clothes, shower, towel off and re-dress comfortably in the afternoon or early evening hours.



The cottage is actually for people to stay in free when they sign up for Vick’s two day fiber processing and spinning course offered all summer long. It was originally intended for two people to sign up and share the cottage for the fiber course…but we are accepting bookings for other art classes such as watercolor and stained glass also. It is available to oil and pastel artists or photographers if they simply desire to come to the farm and paint or photograph uninterrupted during any day of the week or weekends…walking among the farm animals, around the buildings and next to the beautiful wooded scenery on our nine acre farm.
I am soon ready to remodel the farm store AGAIN… adding a nice big counter area where we will serve customers with a nice new check-out and wrapping area. It will have shelves on the front side for Honey and Maple syrup and storage behind for bags and packing materials. It will make better use of the space now taken up for doing the same thing without displaying product. I envision the remodeling taking me a day or two to complete…and then it’s on to something else. There is never a dull moment on the Cluckin’ “A” Critter Farm you know…and never an idle one either!

If you like what we talk about and the pictures we show, why not become a follower? Join at the right by clicking on "Join this site". Also, feel free to leave a message anytime…about anything I write. Skip

074171 Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.