Saturday, January 31

Sat. Jan. 31st… Two days until Springs Predicted…… We hope!!

Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection

Two days from now is that traditional day of days… that wonder of nature…… that marvel of Science…… that festive time of winter everyone waits for…… GROUND HOG DAY!!! The day that Punxsutawney Phil, located in a small rural town in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania comes out of his burrow and either makes us really happy or really pisses us off!
Groundhog day is a holiday celebrated in United States and Canada on February 2nd.
In weather lore, if a groundhog emerges from its burrow on this day and fails to see its shadow because the weather is cloudy, winter will soon end. If on the other hand, it is sunny and the groundhog sees its shadow, the groundhog will supposedly retreat into its burrow, and winter will continue for 6 more weeks.
Strange as it might seem…… I distinctly remember blogging about this last year and threatening to kill that damned groundhog so we would never have to put up with the possibility of that sustained winter continuing for another lousy six weeks…… stupid rodent! I thought last year I should have made good on my threat and traveled to Punxsutawney, PA and shot him dead at the hole when he appeared. I’m sure I could have snuffed him before he saw anything, had I just known where his stupid little hole was and when he would be popping out of it. Now since I don’t mind the winter any more, I’m glad I didn’t go there to assassinate him for being a stupid, sissy rodent afraid of his own shadow……… after all, I could have been mistaken for a terrorist and ended up in the pokey, to be Bubba’s new boyfriend! (and that would not be a happy event…..nor would it be my style!!)
Well anyway..... tomorrow is the first of February which means there are only twenty eight days, before we reach March…… and when you reach March…… it may still remain cold for another month or two, but you still have some nice warm, sunny, days mixed in too and if there is any more snow… it is usually here today and gone tomorrow, so hurry up March! Shortly after that, it will be time for the April flowers and Easter baskets…bonnets, daffodils, Hyacinths and Lilies with Easter Bunnies running everywhere. Finally after that, we will be entering the days of May and looking toward some seriously warm, sunny days, when the old thunder storms of the late afternoon and evenings will return. It’s all just around the corner now…… Gee… I don’t feel so cold anymore….how about you?




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.