Friday, March 27

Friday March 27th… This Will be a Day To Remember………

Remove Formatting from selection


Remove Formatting from selection
Starting yesterday afternoon, we picked up the mail and I got a card from my very favorite cousin and one from my brother, wishing me a happy birthday and so far this morning, I’ve gotten a phone call wishing me a happy birthday and a singer that sung happy birthday to me. Though all of this makes me very happy and I’m spending the day with Vicki, the love of my life, who was right here at midnight to be the first one to wish me happy birthday on my actual birthday, I think of my dear old mother, who gave me birth fifty eight years ago today. How I wish she, along with my Dad, who is stuck in an old folks home in Huntingdon, Pa., were here to celebrate with us!!


Remove Formatting from selection
Another email I just received from a friend, was received from a government worker just this morning, which adds to the disgust felt with our government.
Remember when this economic crisis hit, and Congress let Bear Sterns go under, pushed a bunch of forced marriages between banks, etc.?Then later on…… they bailed out AIG. At the time, I thought: "That's strange. What does an insurance company have to do with this crisis?"I think I just found the answer. Among other things, AIG INSURES THE PENSION TRUST OF THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS!! No wonder they got bailed out right away!To hell with the people, let's protect our future , said all ourSenators and Representatives. Nice to see where their loyalties lie!The guy then said “I'm from the government and I'm here to help you! You need to send this to everyone you know!!!!”




Now doesn’t that just piss ya off about right as you think of how your 401K has shrunk and friends of yours have lost their homes and everything is becoming so expensive???????
Well at least you don’t have to worry about your elected officials.
As I said yesterday, they can still go to the fanciest restaurant, drink their champagne and enjoy their steak. We’ll go to McDonald’s if we have enough money to do so.

Oh yeah, When we can no longer afford McDonald’s, maybe we can go to this soup line. As received by email today also………
Michelle Obama serves food to D.C. poor and homeless, but...

Remove Formatting from selection


First Lady Michelle Obama showed up Thursday as a surprise and welcome volunteer at Miriam's Kitchen, a soup kitchen for homeless poor people who live in a shelter not far from the White House. She brought with her some food donated by White House staff. The first lady served up mushroom risotto and broccoli to a long line of homeless men and women during part of her volunteer time.
…..This unidentified meal recipient is too poor to buy his own food, how does he afford a cell phone?
And if he is homeless, where do they send the cell phone bills?
Where does he plug in the charger, and who pays the electric bill?
ANYWAY,
The weather is beautiful, Vicki is beautiful and I’m gonna enjoy the day. Thanks to all who have remembered to wish me a happy birthday!

This is a cute comic strip about the handling of the AIG Bailout......






No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.