Thursday, August 13

Thurs. Aug 13th... The Great Bird Escape at the Cluckin' "A"

Remove Formatting from selection
Remove Formatting from selection
Ok...we went out and let the critters all out for the day and took pictures like I said we would. The only place we didn't snap pictures was in the brooding house where we have 24 eggs perking in the incubator and thirty chicks in the brooding box. They are starting to grow nicely and will be out and running with the rest in approx 12 weeks or so. The 24 eggs should hatch on the 29th of August...





The usual daily visitors... Been here since birth...





The infamous escape from Cuckin' "A"






Every morning...the same thing...






These are the nine duckies we hatched a few weeks ago...






More avian mayhem...














This is one of our female bunnies in her own pen...







Here's Spike and one of the Vermont boys facing the other way...








This is one of our originals... I call him Spike... after the Gremlin...see his hair?








Both Vermont boy's together....











One of the original females










The other female.....













Luke and Bollero heard me, but can find me. I'm peeking out the window...










You can fool some Alpacas some of the time, but you'll never fool Iggy anytime!!! He knew exactly where to look...










Again... the geese try to overthrow the Avian Government to rule supreme









They are making headway with the takeover... birds keep stepping aside...










Just look at them pushing birds away from the feed...











Just like a police line they keep advancing... Pushing...










I am now within two feet of this one...












Here I stepped back into the barn to see just how far the geese would go...
See the Guinea Hen? Thirty seconds later the Guinea ran them off...all the way to the pond and into the water...





A lounging turkey












I stopped, knelt down and took a close up because he was just resting in the sunlight, showing beautiful feather color...






Immediately one of his nest mates wanted to know what was going on... she came running over...






The other hen rushed to within a foot of me to see what I was up to...











Then, of course... "Rooster Cogburn" has the last important say, if it must be said at all. Everything has to go through him... I believe the Guinea Hen's are employed by him....sort of like a God Father I'd say...
























No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.