Friday, October 9

Fri. Oct. 9th... Back in the House...Soaked...Happy and Also Amazed...or in Disbelief...

Remove Formatting from selection
Remove Formatting from selection
Remove Formatting from selection
As I previously stated, I was hoping the rain would hold off until we got the pillars re-leveled and in place so the concrete would not set up too hard because of the rain. When doing any building up here, I found that you can dig your pillar supports to below the frost level and then simply pour SAKRETE into the hole and leave it go. It will harden just as good as if you mix it in a wheelbarrow and pour it in without all the back breaking mixing and so on. I've done pillars for yard light poles and they are as stable and solid as can be. Anyway, I did the preliminary work last evening, but just at dusk, found it to be slightly out of level from end to end, so I wanted to correct it this morning before it rained and set the concrete. WELL........ I just made it. I got out there early and started and on the fourth and final pillar, finished in a drizzle of rain...off and on, then when I was finished and feeding all the critters, it let loose. I was thankful that I made it, and now it can rain until it is ready to stop. We don't care.
Also following are pictures of the pre-dawn hours in which I like to write... pictures of the deck I was working on last night and this morning, the barn windows which Vicki finished framing out and then installed the vinyl and frame on last night, (Nice Job...HUH?) then finally, a picture that sparks feelings within me as I gaze across the pond to the two chairs and imagine both my Mom in one and my Dad in the other, fishing in such a paradise like setting... Oh how my Mother would have loved it here and how my Dad would love to come back. Unfortunately, he is now in a senior's assisted care facility in Pa, never to return to New York or our farm. He does however... return occasionally in my mind, as I gaze at those chairs and my Grandfather comes to mind when I see the upside down boat as I mentioned in a post a few days ago. Looks like I will be writing or working in the barn today, because it looks like an all day soaker out there. Perhaps we will go away somewhere. Who knows? Tomorrow we can pick up on the deck again and will lag the main frame to the concrete with heavy screw lags. The rest will fly together then. We can't wait to get it up and ready for the long roof rafters which are being cut for us.

Remove Formatting from selection
My favorite time in the morning

Remove Formatting from selection


Fish are feeding in the early hours...

Remove Formatting from selection



So quiet and serene.....
Remove Formatting from selection



Another fish feeds as the steam rises....
Remove Formatting from selection

Vick's window job. GREAT!!

Remove Formatting from selection



I usually envision my Mom on the far chair and Dad in the near one... Both fishing, as they loved to do...enjoying the fall smells and colors......
Remove Formatting from selection


This one reminds me of my Grandfather when he flipped this boat while fishing...

Remove Formatting from selection




Our little pievce of Paradise....
Remove Formatting from selection

Now for the DIS-BELIEF...... Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize??????? Get Freakin' REAL people..... Just exactly what did this guy do? All I've seen him do is talk, talk, talk and side step a ton of issues with his eloquent speech making ability. The man should have been a movie star and by the way, I'm extremely embarrassed that this twerp's star appeal overshadows real ambassadors of peace or the many human rights activates that are endlessly at it, trying to stop atrocious conditions around the world. This guy has done zip, nada, nothing that even measures up to likes of the lower nominees like the ninny Al Gore or Michael Jackson or even Pete Seeger or the many others nominated........
Jeeze-um what a way to take so much away from the past recipients of this award and open it up for the likes of Donald Duck or the Three Stooges....... I mean, REALLY........

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.