Monday, March 15

Mon, March 15th... I Watched All Day Long For That Lousy Sun, But Nooooooooo...

Remove Formatting from selection
Remove Formatting from selectionRemove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection

I longed for that sun...feeling under the weather for the last few days, I was eagerly seeking the sun for warmth. Instead, I had to sit on the couch in front of the fire to warm my chilled bones. Vick was still in multi-agony, which is what we're gonna call our conditions from now on...Both Vick and I...She with back pain, sinus and toothache....... me with knee pain and sinus. We received the fiber picker this morning, which I had mentioned in one of the previous blogs. We unpackaged it and tried it immediately. It worked great...removing sheep's locks and separated the fiber nicely. We haven't tried it on alpaca yet, but I'm sure it is going to do a champion job with that. We have now added felt animals to the list of items we are going to market on the website. We will introduce several kits for sale with instructions to make several of our animals with the kit materials we will offer. You will receive felting needles, a block of foam, directions, fiber in the necessary colors for the animal and directions on how to make the animal. We will offer a "Luke the alpaca", "Harry the Angora Bunny", "Grover the duck" and Esmeralda the chicken". As soon as the prototype animals are completed, I'll post pictures of them for all of you to see.
Also, Vick is going to offer hanks of hand spun yarn in pure 100% Alpaca, Angora and Montadale sheep's wool. She will also be offering blended fibers too, but all from farm fiber. The sheep's wool we bought from a neighboring farm down the road, but Vick washes, picks, cards and spins the wool completely from scratch.....fresh from the sheep. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find a few sheep here soon....Possibly Montadales.....
Anyway, we are still picking, carding, spinning, weaving, knitting, felting, writing and other stuff to keep busy. Soon we'll be building again.... Fun, Fun, Fun...
Oh Yeah, Go to our web site at:
http://www.cluckinacritterfarm.com/cluckin%20a%20critter%20farm_034.htm
There you will find Vick's newest creation for hospice... A BeHolder™ bookmarker she has designed and made for the hospice gift shop. I also added a copy of one of her framed pictures which will be available too.

A felted duck.....
made from alpaca fiber

Vick's beautiful picture.....





A close-up of the painting.
Remove Formatting from selection
15780© Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.