Sunday, April 25

Sunday, April 25, 2010...Into Every Life A Little Rain Must Fall... Today It Will...

Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
It's chilly and raining out there this morning. That's fine, because we need it...the flowers popping through the earth need it also. Our pond surely needs it because it appears to be at least a foot low right now, so a good day of soaking rain won't hurt a thing or anybody. I'm still on the mend from the stone killing I took on Thursday, when we did the front flower beds. WOW, I don't think I should do that again in the near future. That bending with heavy weight is nasty.

Well, we planted the weeping cherry trees and the two little prickly green bushes in front of the hospice gift shop yesterday afternoon and do they look great? Vick also picked up a nice little forsythia bush for me. I think of my Mom every time I see forsythia, because they were her weapon of correction in my youth. Many a time, I was on the end of a forsythia switch for committing a wrong doing. It wasn't so funny then, but is now, as I think back with fond memory of my poor mother, as she attempted to mold me into the person I am today. Some people say that is the wrong way to teach right and wrong to you children, but many say spare the rod, spoil the child. When I look at todays lazy, incorrigible, disrespectful, extremely foulmouthed kids, I believe there have been far too many rods spared in the last twenty five years! Our schools are not allowed to correct children and the child knows it, adding to the problem, as they mature and become even more unruly, until some have had enough scrapes and brushes with the law and end up in jail. All this for lack of that forsythia branch across a butt. I miss my Mom... she was a special lady.....

Last night Callie was sick and throwing up all over the bedroom. Reluctantly, she was ejected to the outdoors, because the smell and mess was horrific... She is that rotund, as too look like a watermelon on legs with a head and tail. We were concerned that possibly she was in labor and would have the kittens, which was causing the sickness and vomiting. If so, giving birth could occur in the next 12 to 36 hours. She is fine this morning, waddling around looking bow legged as usual. She is due to deliver this litter of kittens any time now, so I wish she would just get into the box we prepared for her and give birth like Kay-Lee did on March 28th. If she is still restless today, then she is ready and will deliver today sometime. We'll keep an eye on her all day today.

If I feel better and my knees don't ache, we'll start the wiring in the gift shop today. We called the lumber mill and asked for a price quote for the lumber to finish off the inside walls and ceiling, so we will hear back from the sawyer in a day or so with his price. The first load he will cut is to close in the porch ceiling, which will allow us to keep the outside closed off completely. Now, the cats climb up and go inside the building. Once the ceiling is closed in, we will move inside and start to cover the walls. Of course that can only happen after the electrical inspection and whatever other inspections happens at that time. I think things will move along pretty quick once we get started again....We'll see....

Remove Formatting from selection
Remove Formatting from selection
See the beautiful weeping cherry trees at ech end of the porch and the little prickly bushes with red berries in front?
Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
Here is our beautiful little Cherry tree.....
Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection

The beautiful flower bed that about killed me...
Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection

The other side of the walk we did...
Remove Formatting from selection
18151© Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.