Thursday, July 22

Thursday, July 22, 2010... Still Making Hay While The Sun Shines...and Other Such Stuff Too....

Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
Hi Y'all, Sorry I didn't write last evening, but my ol' butt was a draggin' when we finished up and I went straight to the shower. After that, we went to Paul's in Coxsackie for dinner. You know how that is.....full belly...9 mile drive....when you get home and go to an air conditioned bedroom, it's the old, **CLICK**... peepers closed and sawing logs!
It's nice to work all day again, doing what you love and then only having the usual aches and pains at the end of the day. I can tolerate tired feet from standing on stones and the ladder and an aching arm from lifting that monstrous framing nailer. It was the hundred other things that ached and stabbed or just pained me before taking the Doxycycline.

Many times I wonder what to write about. It isn't always "just happenin" here! Some days are damned boring, especially if nothing is scheduled or it is raining. Sometimes we have to run to Albany or somewhere in the middle of the day for an appointment or something and it screws up the entire day and you just can't get anything done. What do you write about when that happens? Nuttin'....simply nuttin' at all I guess. There are those of you who feel everything we do is exciting and important. I wish I felt that way, but I don't...and many people we meet or travel with do not wish to have their pictures, name, business or life on our blog.

Sometimes after a long day of work and headaches from worrying about getting everything done, or at least scheduled....or worrying that we'll have enough money or materials to complete the planned project on time, I'll just want to forget it all and relax. I'm good at zoning out? I can rival anyone skilled in Yoga in transcending the everyday worries of this life and jettison myself to another place and time where only peace and tranquility abound. I can sit down and close my eyes and be asleep in a minute, if I choose...or I can sit there for hours with the TV on, eyes closed and rest, hearing nothing on the TV, but be wide awake. Again, things you learn and develop over the years after a bad marriage!!
Well, I gotta go and get a few things ready for the farmer's market at Coeyman's Landing this afternoon. I'll write later this evening, once the birds are away and we can sit down. Perhaps we can remember to take the movie camera and get some footage of the Hudson River on the other side of the parking lot where we set up and some of the market itself. We'll burn a short one for the blog and one for my Father and his wife in Pa. They love getting a DVD of the farm and our activities.

Like I said....gotta go... gotta pick up some corn from the farmer down in Coxsackie, box eggs from the basement refrigerator for the market and any other chores before leaving.... Later Y'all......


Remove Formatting from selection
The "Evening Line-up", as usual.
Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
They won't go in but roost this close. Just like kids....
Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
Remove Formatting from selection
The tub just wasn't up to temperature just yet.....Haven't used it yet!
Remove Formatting from selection
Remove Formatting from selection
The turkey house from the side....Still need to put a roof on it.
Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
How it looks from the front without the trim boards around the door.
Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
The liner box in the icebox on the egg stand came out great!

Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
I cut the pieces and folded tabs on edges and Vick soldered the seams solid.... We're such a team!!!
Remove Formatting from selection
021128© Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.