Saturday, October 23

Saturday, October 23, 2010...The Church Market Day Was A Crash and Burn Event.....

Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
Vick and Lynda prepared for this pre-Christmas shopping event for the last month, sometimes working from early in the evening until the wee hours of the morning. They made and cut.... planned and figured......sweated and labored....cutting and sewing, gluing and riveting all the products they so proudly placed on their table this morning in anticipation of selling large quantities to people shopping for inexpensive Christmas gifts.
It was not to be..........
It was a total bust for them......Hell; it was a total bust for everyone there! I doubt that more than one or two people recovered their cost for the spot, which was $55.00 for two eight foot tables. I know Vick and Lynda didn't make enough to pay for the spot.......
I grew increasingly tired of the slow, deserted pace of the place within the first hour, so I left and headed home, where I had plenty to do. I let all the animals out and fed and watered them all. I then transferred the hay bale hardware onto the new round bale and got rid of the remaining hay from the old collapsed bale we previously had. Next, I put all the pool things away for the winter; pump and filter...all the chemicals and tools, into the basement to eliminate freezing weather. I removed all cushions and the likes from the upper pool deck. I removed the canvas cover over the deck swing and finished that all up, by storing all the stuff in the Wilson House. I then worked in the hospice gift shop, until it was time to go pick Vick and the stuff up.
I figure.....what a better way to end a bummer day, then to retire early and watch TV until you drift off to sleep. It won't take long governor...not long at all. I'm pooped! Vick will probably start a new painting this evening, trying to unwind. Not me, I'll totally fly apart instantly. Just watch...........

032901© Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.