Thursday, February 3

Thursday, February 03, 2011...And Then It Snowed...And Snowed... And Snowed...


Remove Formatting from selection

Below are emails I received this morning from one of our family members on Long Island, silently and very eloquently telling me it has been a while since I've blogged and it's about time to get with the program. Below are the "ticklers", as I call them...


Thursday, Feb-blew-ary 3
Thursday, Feb-blew-ary 3, 2011...Computer Frozen ....And not just electronically.....Getting used to It...Will defrost by Saturday or Super Sunday???? Need to buy Icemelt for keyboards


Thursday, Feb-screw-ary 3
Thursday, Feb-screw-ary 3, 2011...Sweet Vicki says that I dote on the chickens too much to try to get them to lay during these difficult winter months




Remove Formatting from selection


Remove Formatting from selection


So then....I was writing this as he sent the above “ticklers”, but I had to smile at his unrelenting resolve at keeping me on track. (And his love of the cluckin’ “A” Farm’s daily activities) Bill lives in Long Island and works at Cameta Camera in Amityville, NY (visit the store site online at http://www.cameta.com/)
Yesterday was a bummer for most people in the Eastern United States!
Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow, Snow, seems to be all you hear on TV anymore. We are twenty one inches above the normal snowfall for this year and more is predicted on the way for Saturday...all day long. They don’t actually give any particulars for snow fall amounts or even the type of precipitation for this storm, because I don’t think they even know at this time. They are leaning toward sleet or freezing rain, but won’t actually say just yet.
We are about 95% dug out as of last evening. I will finish the rest today after leaving the animals out to roam around the paths I’ve opened. They cannot go far, but I guess it beats being inside. They all seem to like going out and standing around. Yesterday the ducks were skiing off the snow piles as Vick took pictures of them playing and me moving snow. Below are all the pictures of yesterday’s folly in the snow!
Tomorrow, I’ll get back to you with today’s adventures......Pictures accompanying, of course......



Remove Formatting from selection


Remove Formatting from selection


Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
The egg stand is still in operation with eggs kept at a constant 40 degrees...
Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
Piled pretty HIGH!!
Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
Almost all dug out.....
Remove Formatting from selection

037389© Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC








No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.