Wednesday, November 16

Wed. Nov. 16, 2011... We’re Back in The Saddle Again... Making Great Strides...

Remove Formatting from selection

 Remove Formatting from selection
“For of all sad words of tongue or pen,
The saddest are these: ‘It might have been!’”
An excerpt from John Greenleaf Whittier
Remove Formatting from selection
Long ago...and far away...for these are the thoughts...which we share today... S. Watt
Remove Formatting from selection

Remove Formatting from selection
The above is my preamble of what I do regularly in my published blog postings every day for people to read. To some, they are important; a link to their very own innermost feelings and thoughts...to others, they are simply entertaining, in that the content takes them along back to a time when there are a lot of, “there might have been” moments in their lives too. I often look back upon the events of my life and wonder if my choices were different... would I have arrived where I am today, by a different road? I was later afforded the chance to do so by the changing of my entire life through failed marriage and retirement. I finally began life the way God had intended for me to enjoy it. I labor just as hard, but have a loving, kind and caring soulmate who lives the same way...living her dreams.
I often catch myself daydreaming to years ago when I sat at my desk in my bedroom, writing in a journal...much as I observe John-boy Walton do as I watch that syndicated old show. Many times I can relate to his adventures in literature, for I started much as he did, though my journal was lost in time and moving multiple times. I often wonder if any of my ancient poems from the sixties will ever show up in old family papers saved by my departed mother. Probably not...for they would have most surely surfaced by now, since my brother and his wife had gone through all their belonging before having auction and selling the house when Dad went to assisted living.
Remove Formatting from selection

So....Lost through the years,
Are my thoughts and my tears,
For they’ll never return,
All these things that I’ve learned,
For ears listening concerned,
Related memories told which I yearn.

Remove Formatting from selection
As I promised yesterday, I am loading some pictures of our latest progress and will tell of more to come. We are so close to being finished for the fall and ready to enter the winter dormancy outside, except for feeding and watering animals.
We will begin to open the hospice gift shop and classify and catalog all the artwork by number to make checkout of bought merchandise much easier, thereby making restocking much easier too. We will be ready for the holiday season when people wish to buy hand made presents for people on their gift lists.
We are now operating a small farm store on the front porch, since theft of our goods stopped us at the usual farm stand. Perhaps if we wish to revive the honor system, we will need to install surveillance cameras and prosecute the thieves who wish to destroy our dream of country charm and the honor system of paying for farm items. So many of our friends and neighbors are now doing without because of this low life.


















Our make shift Farm Store


















The white one is Slugger & the other is Phoenix


















A real chicken explosion


















The closed in barn roof section and added light & receptacle.


















The North fence on the island....Safety for all from predators...


















Ducks galore........


















Another explosion.....only ducks this time


















Turkeys for the holidays


















Doodles swimming off.....


















Doodles watching me......


















Me watching Doodles.....


















At the waters edge....ready to go.


















Doodles on his way to his daily job.... Being a Goose!


















Doodles is a full blown, wild, Canadian Goose....He lives with us in the barn at night....


















Tina Turkey on the left and Doodles Duck on the right....


















These are the meat turkeys for sale......


















No longer a mirroe, but an activity center....





















These are the meat birds for sale.......


















These guys are gathered around the water cooler at work


















The gate and fence at the compost pile out back....


















Like a giant mirror of trees......


















What we have during an outage, thanks to the automatic generator....


















The three breaker panels....





















The generator after installation.....


















Poudy Tat in her Conduminimum















044046Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.