Sunday, May 20

Sunday, May 20th... Spending Time Looking Back Is Like Seeing the Future...












This morning I spent considerable time... that I should have spent blogging. I was just looking at documents of my heritage... on my Mothers side of the family. I have an Indian heritage tracing back to the Shawnee tribe, believed to be part of the Mingos of Lewistown... actually in the Burnham or Reedsville area. The Shawnee are a integral part of the Algonquin nation of Indians that inhabited an area from the Great Lakes... southward, into parts of Pennsylvania, ohio, west Virginia and further southward into parts of Northern Georgia. I remember accounts of my Mother, telling about her great Aunt Ann Henry, who drove Oxen to the Belleville market from the train docks in Reedsville, when no white men would touch them. No one had ever seen an Ox before, and they were afraid to deal with the huge beasts....but not my Mom’s great aunt. I’ve seen pictures of her and she looks exactly like the Indian on a nickel...Heck, so did my Mom for that matter! Anyway, I’m constantly researching how my ancestor on Mom’s side, was marched to Oklahoma, on what is historically noted as “The Trail of Tears”, later to be brought back home to Reedsville, Pa after she was bought for a nickel during the auction in Oklahoma. Her “husband”, a free man, followed her to Oklahoma after she was taken away from him by the government roundup of the Indians and bought her, freeing her to return home with him.
The search is on going...as the urge strikes me and I find more and more information that agrees with accounts in the old Bible which came from my Mother’s family. It is a never ending search actually....but worth it. Someday, I’ll nail my origins beyond speculation.

This is the flag of the Shawnee tribe
Yesterday, we worked on the asparagus and melon bed at the eastern side of the pool deck. It is in place with the preliminary dirt inside. Today, we’ll add peat moss and some alpaca poo, rototill it to complete the amending of the soil and Vick will then add the asparagus plants which will come back year after year to feed us for ever........ the melons will be an added treat, protected from the same vermin that ate them all last year. We can install a gate her to keep critters out!
Vick says it looks like Dracula's coffin....
 More blog later....gotta get the pool running today after finishing the garden above...
This is the main garden...well under way and planted.....
This is the Emerald pool...today we start cleaning....
<><><><>
Nothing that a hundred gallos of chlorine won't cure......
we'll get the pump and filter going and add chlorine today...

If you like what we talk about and the pictures we show, why not become a follower? Join at the left by clicking on "Join this site". Also, feel free to leave a message anytime about anything I write. Skip


048576 Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.