Tuesday, January 22










I knew this morning as soon as I started down the steps, that the night had become far colder than we thought it would. I rounded the corner at the bottom of the steps and headed toward the computer room, with two of the dogs leading the way and the other two behind me, as if making sure I didn’t stop anywhere in between. I opened the door to let the dogs have their freedom, but before the first one left the house, she stopped and looked at me…almost as if to say, “Are you crazy, its freaking cold out there!”
I looked out; reading the thermometer and was surprised to find it displaying a chilling 8° out there. I didn’t think it was to get that cold overnight, but it certainly did. The house was cold inside as a result, because the pellet stove could not keep up. I switched the furnace back up heat to on, which will help to warm the house to 68. Once comfort inside is achieved, I will turn it back off, because I know that once the house temperature is okay and the sun raises…the pellet stove will have no problem keeping the house warm.

Once the house is warm again...and before I shut the backup heat off, I will need to clean the pellet stove and remove all the ashes. There are enough ashes around the fire pot now that it will soon slip in and extinguish the flames if it is not cleaned properly. It will only take a few minutes to clean once the stove is cool enough to use the vacuum. After the cleaning is complete, I will relight the pellet stove and once it’s going good, I will turn the backup heat off again.
I am again posting some pictures taken around the farm yesterday...picking up where left off the day before. I doubt that I will spend much time out there today taking any pictures with the weather as Chilly and brisk as it is. I see myself opting to return to the house as soon as possible...to the comfort of the pellet stove for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I love being retired……
Great wood heat in the gift shop
It makes that corner look so quaint and country like....
The check out counter....
Many, many artists donated their works for sale....
There are pictures, pottery, yarns, fiber and silks...
Tinware, candles, music, books and mosaics......
We have a little or a lot of everything to suit everyones taste...
Turkeys and ducks....Posing??
Doodles warming her feet....
While my feet warm up...why not eat alittle green grass?
Doodles walking around behind me like a puppy...
I'd think they were freezing their quackers off.......
There is a bunny in there if you look close....
From another angle....
Even I can hardly find him...and I know where he is!
Something didn't escape a predator. I hope it wasn't one of ours!
Looking down...over the breast of the dam...
Looking up the stream where the water enters....
Two feeds into the lake...one from the field.
Lets see....do I prefer this or the one below....
I believe I'll stick with the one above if you please!!


If you like what we talk about and the pictures we show, why not become a follower? Join at the left by clicking on "Join this site". Also, feel free to leave a message anytime about anything I write. Skip


053209 Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.