Friday, March 1









So, as you can see…it is now 8:45 Pm and I am now downloading the blog post in after an entire day of working on computer problems which was making my computer crash left and right. After purging hundreds of infected files that slipped past Norton, I had to reload Norton itself because in the process of purging, it corrupted or damaged one of those files and Norton crashed….We finally JUST got up and running…. 
Mornin’ all…after Wednesday’s snowy start, things are looking better. We took our trip to Albany Thursday, had an early dinner at the Golden Corral. We also returned the unusable electronic stuff and picked up a simple little $24.00 WIFI connector and will use the iPhone as a hotspot for updating and maintaining the hospice computer when needed. We stopped at Lowe’s and Vick grabbed some bare copper ground wire and some copper tubing for her next art project. I am not going to mention just what it is this time so it can be a real surprise when I post photos of it when it is completed. As soon as Vick gets the hands on her latest wall piece, the stained glass pocket watch, I’ll post completed pictures of it too. I’m glad to report that we appear to be moving toward spring in the “full steam ahead mode” based on the weather report for the next ten days, which predicts every day to be above freezing with a lot of sunshine and some days nearing 50°. Now that’s what we were awaiting and as soon as the snow clears and it dries up a little…I’m ready to get my transit out and shoot levels for the support pads at the barn site where we will be building our new “Larger feed room”. It’s going to be to the right of the existing sliding door on the front of the barn. Therefore allowing entry to the new room from under the over shot, always out of the weather. This project is going to be a build as you go type fun project for me, unlike the others that were severely needed. Later, I would like to do the same with a small pole shed in the back yard area to house tools and a welding/fabricating area. It sure would be nice to have a work area to cut, weld and build things needed for on the farm and have all our tools in the same area. That would be a dream come true for both Vick and I. Soon we will be bringing the garden back to life with cleaning up and tilling new amended alpaca poo and peat moss into the existing beds. I am going to plant potatoes toward the back section in a four tire tower, possibly doing three or four towers if I can come up with another batch of tires to do so. I believe I can harvest over a hundred pounds of taters in a 3’ by 12’ strip of unused area across the back fence, still allowing space between the four towers, the raised beds and the fence where Vick plants low flowers and sun flowers from Vermont. We’ll definitely keep you all posted on the upcoming farm events since winters iron grip is finally being pried from around our farm and we can begin doing things again.Below are pictures from this morning’s feeding and watering chore. March arrived with the 1, 2 and 3rd day promising snow…then a day of sunshine and another day of snow. Now if that isn’t coming in like a lion, I don’t know what is!! First we had snow to trudge through, then mud when it melted…so we have four inches of slush in the middle of the yard as snow melts, creating a dam through which the water cannot freely flow. And now…we are promised more snow on top of this deep pool of standing slush on mud. What a mess to walk in. I got to take my time because any quick slips, really bothers my knee. COME ON SPRING!!!!!
The snow was melting this morning....
Home made grape juice from Anthony's wife Michelle...Thanks
Doodles having a little drink of Duck Swamp....
Gladys and her new injured left foot...on the mend...
Gladys is happy to be inside where it's safe, warm, dry and theres lots of food...
Okay you Hollowbrook guys in Vegas...here's your duckies....Happy and playin'....
 
Breakfast is served...line up please....no shoving!
This is my egg eater...Sitting  right above the nest waiting....
Happy ducks in freezing water?????
The entire muddy yard is a duck heaven......
The Hollowbrook ducks out with the turkeys...
They both go about their business without caring about one another....
Luke standing in the pasture, chewing his cud....
Sheep....Go figure. They always look lost......

If you like what we talk about and the pictures we show, why not become a follower? Join at the left by clicking on "Join this site". Also, feel free to leave a message anytime about anything I write. Skip
053657 Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you try to advertise on my comments section, I will delete your advertising. All comments must be posted in English or they will also be eliminated.