I didn’t get to work on the glue press last evening like I planned. The pellet stove quit working and kept jamming the auger, or overflowing the fire pot with pellets. I originally thought the auger was probably jamming, which indicates bad bearings, which we’ve experienced before. When we got home, it was off again, so I again un-jammed the auger, removed all the pellets and removed the auger drive motor, getting ready to pull the hopper off and remove the auger to replace those bearings. As soon as I had the motor off and purges the tube of all pellets, it was obvious that the bearings were good and didn’t need replaced. It dawned on me at that point that perhaps the clogged condition was snuffing out the flame and the pellets were then overfilling the firepot and jamming the auger when the pellets backed up the tube. I removed a ton of soot and ashes from the exhaust pipe, which you can see in the picture. That seemed to do the trick and it has run all evening long and was still running this morning. You can see in the pictures the pipe was completely plugged, so when I vacuumed the stove out. I got a tiny opening where it pulled soot from the exhaust until air could pass and that was all that would come out after that, so it plugged quickly again, snuffing the fire.
It was a cheap fix this time…just a few hours of my time.
Today Josh comes to clean and like I said, we will put a new round bale in the barnyard and get everything ready for substantial snowfall…and then maybe we’ll just get rain.
072365 Cluckin' "A" Critter Farm, LLC